Thursday, January 19, 2012

Paper Crafts Card Creations 9

Hello all! As I mentioned in my last blog post, I'm catching up on sharing my published creations and doing so by starting with older cards that hold a special spot in my heart. Being a clean and simple kind of girl, vintage creations are not an easy task for me to accomplish. So this card is near and dear to my heart because I feel that this was a successful attempt at capturing that vintage feel. This one was published in Paper Crafts Card Creations 9...I started by stamping a Rustic White cardstock panel with Make Your Own cling stamp in Dark Chocolate. Then colored the dresses in with Copic Markers (V91, Y21 & Y32). Stamped a journaling circle in Vintage Touch Chai and a sentiment in Dark Chocolate, both are from the Journaling Circle stamp set. Then attached the panel, with dimensional adhesive, to a Fine Linen card base.Here's How: To make the yellow strip appear to wrap around the card... I started by die cutting a Fillable Frames #9 tag and trimmed a small cardstock strip to the same width, both from Harvest Gold cardstock. Attached the die cut tag to the left side of the Make Your Own stamped panel, with dimensional adhesive, and the small strip was tucked under and attached to the right side. Here's A Note: The houndstooth stamp I used is no longer available, but Background Basics: Houndstooth makes the perfect alternative. Then finished the card off with a Dark Chocolate button strung with Rustic Jute Button twine.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Maile




Celebrate This Day:

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Maile! Thanks for sharing your technique for the wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is amazing as usually! Thank you for all your tips and tutorials! They are so much useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking through the Paper Cards Creations 9 just Yestarday. While my kiddos where in their music lessons. This was one of the cards that was inspiring me. Love how used that yellow band with the button around the card. want to try something like that in one of my cards soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on the publication! I love this so-vintage card! The dresses look fantastic and the overall layout of the card, papers, etc. is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, love the way you have "wrapped" the yellow panel and also the matching yellow dress :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the retro/Vintage feel of this beauty! I love those old dresses.. ( which were popular when I was a child long years ago!)
    Thanks for sharing your design!
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally remember seeing this card in PC and I totally remember loving it. At the time I recognized that it was a departure from your typical style which made me love it more! So glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful - congrats on another publication.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I need that magazine! Love your card, Maile, as always. Congrats on being published again:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work and so beautiful ideas in your blog.... Greetings from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS