Monday, October 31, 2011

Calandar Basics Revisited

Hello and welcome! Today is an exciting day for me. I've become part of the Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team and today I'm officially participating in my first Senior DT Challenge! For November's challenge, Nichole has asked us to focus on Calendar Basics stamp set and the calendar products. I've been anxiously waiting to share my projects with you. So, let's get started!...I knew right away what I wanted to create... tiny pocket calendars. Here's a shot of the calendar and a coordinating card.I'll start things off with the card... this design started with a kraft cardstock base, which I stamped with flowers from the Year of Flowers Collection and the coordinating flower months from Calendar Basics. All inked using Smoky Shadow ink. I then created a focal point using a die cut and trimmed Wine Bottle Tag. Stamped with a sentiment from Calendar Basics and violets from Year of Flowers Collection. Wrapped with Sweet Blush ribbon, embellished with a Sweet Blush button and attached to the card base.
Next up, the pocket calendar. These tiny treasures are simple to create, make great gifts and fit perfectly into a Christmas stocking. The kraft card stock base features the same botanical theme which was stamped like the card above. As far as how to assemble these tiny treasures, I'll share a little how-to below.Here's a shot of the backside, which features a bit more of that botanical theme and a stamped handmade detail (stamped using Calendar Basics). Here's How: I started with a Lunchbox Note die cut from Kraft cardstock, a Tag Sale 5 die cut from Rustic White cardstock, a button, 1/8" White Silk ribbon and Rustic Jute Button Twine.Score the tag and stitch into place with a button and ribbon. Tie a length of twine behind the button. This length of twine will be used to wrap around the pocket calendar and button to hold the calendar closed.Inside are the Mini Calendar pages, stamped with the coordinating months (in Smoky Shadow) and flowers (in Sweet Blush). The calendar pages were then carefully stapled into place inside.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team girls for more calendar goodness...

37 comments:

  1. Congratulations Maile! I love your style so much and I look forward to seeing much more of your work. Great post for the Calendar Basics and I will bookmark this for co-worker gift ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new position. You totally deserve it. I am personally so excited to be seeing more of you and your creations. You are so phenomenally talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Maile! Yay! I love your style and I can't wait to see more from you. As of these calendars... it's genious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wauw! This is such a lovely idea!!! Congrats to you on being on the senior DT! You really deserve it, as you know, I'm a big fan of your style of crafting!!! So pretty!!
    Wishing you a wonderful day, dear Maile!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea with calendar, looks adorable! And the card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! Love your style, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maile,
    Congratulations on being part of the PTI Senior Design Team. I always love your clean and simple creations and look forward to seeing all your PTI posts in the coming months. These creations are wonderful. I love that color combination of light pink, white and Kraft. Those flowers are beautiful and it's so clever how you folded up those mini-calendars. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, what an awesome idea. You certainly deserve your spot on the senior DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thrilled to hear that you have joined the Papertrey Design Team. I love your style and look forward to more of your absolutely gorgeous creations. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo pretty!! love it Maile and I am so happy to see you become a part of the SDT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congrats on the new gig! Your blog is always the first one that I check of the design team, so I'm thrilled that you'll be taking a larger role. Your calendar project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the senior design post, Maile! I can't wait to see more from you each month!

    This project is gorgeous! My mom's birthday is coming up and she loves flowers, so you've really inspired me for a card idea for her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and calendars, love the color combo. Congrat's on your first challenge as a PTI Sr. Design Team member, great job. I look forward to seeing even more things from you, I just love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the simplicity of this project, Maile. To me, a calendar should be simple and straight forward; but just a little stamping beauty makes these perfect!! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an incredibly fabulous idea! I can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new Senior DT postition! You are so incredibly talented and I love everything that you design and create! Your calendar project is no exception! I love the colors and that you stamped the YOF collection on the calendar pages and cover! So sweet and beautiful! I just may have to make some of these for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the Sr Design Team position. I love your work (and case it often). I'm glad we'll get more Maile creations each month!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your calendar. Congrats on the Sr DT. I'm so glad you started designing stamp sets and dies this year (I absolutely love your sets) and now we will see more creations from you as part of the SDT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Maile!!! I just saw the announcement and I am just so excited for you! Your work is a continual inspiration to me! I look forward to seeing everything you do! Hope you and your family are doing well! Hugs and blessings from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Maile! Your work is beautiful and you have so much to offer as member of the Senior Design team! Looking forward to more of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Maile,congrats look forward to see more off your creations..always loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love those, thank you SO much for the easy to follow tutorial, I can't wait to make one!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! Love your style and your ideas. What a great little gift for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the little calendar! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, Maile! How fun it will be to see even more of you and your projects! I agree with Heather in that you will "teach" us all a lot. Your mini calendar project is clever and nice. Perfect gift, or to "tuck" anywhere as a reference when needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What simply fabulous news! You have such an amazing eye for design and always inspire me. I am so glad to see you become a part of the Senior DT team! Yippee for Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your design style Maile so am very happy to hear you're now part of the Senior Design Team. Congratulations! Love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Big congrats Maile for becoming part of the Senior Design team!!!! You are so talented and I'm such a HUGE fan!!! So happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful! I love the small calendar idea, perfect for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations, Maile! And very well deserved! I'm thrilled that we'll be getting to see even MORE projects from you! You are amazingly talented, and I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, how clever - really demonstrates the versatility of that die! Love t his project and hope to try it our. Congratulations on your "promotion" !!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me gusta mucho la idea!!!
    me encantan tus trabajos simples y muy muy elegantes!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like the clean lines and color choices of the card, but I especially love the presentation of the pocket calendar. What a great idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry this is so late, but Ive been meaning to say congratulations on your new position! Excited to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I see some supplies that I really need! Cute projects.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS