Friday, August 12, 2011

Autumn Acorns & Background Basics: Houndstooth Day 4

It's Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and I've got some more projects to share with you today that showcases my newest sets & dies... Autumn Acorns, Autumn Acorns Die Collection & Background Basics: Houndstooth (available begining August 15 at Papertrey Ink).

Since this months release is all about the autumn season, I've been gravitating into color combos more fitting for the season. For today projects, I've been having fun with a new to me autumn color combo of Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Kraft and Dark Chocolate. Usually a combination of green and melon colors have more of a springy look to them, but I've found that if you down play the colors (use them sparingly) and play up the neutral, the colors seem to be fitting for fall creations. I'm really liking!See what I mean? I love this Melon Berry Autumn Acorn! Started this card by stamping a Mat Stack #5 mat from Modern Wood Mats (available August 15th), in Fresh Snow, onto a kraft card base. Then let it set aside to dry.Once the ink was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment and flourish (also from Modern Wood Mats) in Dark Chocolate. Die cut an acorn from Dark Chocolate and Melon Berry Bitty Dot Basics pattern paper, stamped the top with Versamark ink and pieced together. Die cut, stamped a Spring Moss leaf, layered behind the acorn and then attached to the card base. Easy peasy!Next up, a card utilizing the same basic color combo, but without the Spring Moss. An element I love to use in my cards is color blocking. For this card I've pieced together a few stripes of Melon Berry, Dark Chocolate and Kraft cardstock to create a houndstooth embossed color block strip, using Background Basics: Houndstooth.Die cut and trimmed a Fillable Frames #4 die cut, stamped with a sentiment from Modern Wood Mats and attach with dimensional adhesive. Wrapped the strip with brown embroidery floss. I originally wanted to tie a bow but I ran out of thread. Bummer. Then attached the strip to a Rustic Cream card base.

Don't forget that all of the new goodies you're getting peeks at this week will be available for purchase at Papertrey Ink, beginning on August 15.

That's it from me today, but for even more sneak peek goodness, be sure to visit Nichole Heady , Dawn McVey, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford, Michelle Wooderson & Jessica Witty.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile




The Most Special Thing:

Because Of You:


8 comments:

  1. Awesome cards, Maile! I love how clean and crisp your cards are. Houndstooth is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strips of houndstooth really pop on your second card ~ divine. Awesome layout with your modern wood mat and your paper-pieced acorn showcasing a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of your first card. The embossed houndstooth looks great on the second card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards: I love what you did with the acorns and the houndstooth!! Love the colors you used (I'm going to have to remember that combo and use it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Maile, the colours and designs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ran out of thread and it's *still* gorgeous! Love the color-blocking. I can't get enough of it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so special, Maile! Love the colors together with the images you used, that acorn is just THE cutest this way!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with your stamps and what you do with them! I want to make one of everything you've done; however, my creative side will not let me do that. TFS all the wonderful sneak peeks with us.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS