Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 2011 PTI Blog Hop

Today is the the day of the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge, and this months challenge is all about flowers. Thought I would join in on the fun by pulling out my Modern Basics stamp set to create some fun flowers. Here's a card I whipped up just for the challenge...I started by embossing a white card base with the largest of the Turning A New Leaf dies.Next up, I stamped a fun modern flower design using a few of the rounded square images included in Modern Basics. Stamped the largest in Berry Sorbet, medium one in Orange Zest and the smallest in Summer Sunrise. Embellished the centers with rhinestones and mounted them to the card base with dimensional adhesive.Here's How: (1) I started by stamping the linear square 4 times, to form a simple 4 petal flower shape. (2) Then stamped the same 4 petal shape again in the opposite direction. At this point you could add an embellishment to the center and call it done. (3) Or you could take it a step further and finish it off with a solid square stamped within 4 more petals, like I did with the polka dot Summer Sunrise image. Then finish it off with an embellishment of your choice and cut it out.

That's it from me today, be sure to stop by Nichole Heady's blog for all the Blog Hop details and to see what everyone else came up with.

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Modern Blossoms Hello:

14 comments:

  1. A-mazing Maile! So super creative, and I love the impressed leaf! So so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfecto!! Absolutely stunning! I love it, Maile! I am so glad I got this set...there are SO many possibilities with it! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hopping with us! So cool! Of course, you're putting us all to shame, too. :) This project is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love the embossed leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. blog hop gorgeousness!!! your modern basics set never stops surprising me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY HIP and so modern ........ and can I just say that I LOVE the Chevron Stripes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me! i always look forward to what new creative idea you will come up with next....can't wait to try this. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! It's so amazing what you can create with just a simple shape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the die makes such a great impression. What a great idea and a wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Maile!! these flowers are truly pretty!! Love the white in the card!!! Gorgeous combining of shapes!!! I'm a fan! (but you already knew that, hi hi ;-)
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maile, this is so cute! I'm going to have to try these flowers! Have you seen this card with the birds: http://damasklove.blogspot.com/2011/05/moxie-fab-world-tuesday-trigger-pyrex.html I thought it was a genius way to use your set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow... I always love your creativity in creating simple lines.. but it has so much creativity and techniques.. love your colour combo.. thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, Very clever. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS